MY SAN FRANCISCO GUILTY PLEASURES
- •Good Noodle (Inner Richmond)The pho is good, but I've been ordering the fried rice with lap chong and suspiciously dry vegetables.
- •Hamburger Haven (Inner Richmond)The breakfast here is really cheap but not high quality. There's something appealing about the dated interior and older, blue collar customers.
- •Panda Express at Stonestown Galleria Lakeside)The chances of running into a tech person here are zero. In general, I love this mall because it reminds me of the mall I grew up with, and the suburbs in general. There's a misconception that Asians don't like Panda Express, maybe Chinese Americans, but for me it was a treat growing up.
- •Zeitgeist (Mission)I hate this place for so many reasons, and yet the grubbiness of it appeals to my Berkeley co-op days. It's about beer, burgers and conversation.
- •John's Snack and Deli (Financial District)I ate here all the time when I was working under one of the worst bosses of my career. They serve Korean food prepared on a hot plate illegally. The owner is a real hustler.