Books every teen should read 📚
"Girls just wanna fun! (And also books that actually respect their intelligence.)"
- •Sloppy FirstsHonestly, every adult should read this book too just because it's so smartly written. Like, I've read over 1 billion YA books in my lifetime and this is one of the only ones that has accurately portrayed being a teen without holding back or only focusing on prom and first kisses and sugarcoating the rest.
- •Everything, EverythingHere for smart, layered female characters of color.
- •Before I FallIgnore the underwhelming movie, this is one of the most gripping, meaningful, sad, poignant, joy-inducing and beautiful things I've ever read.
- •Lock and Key@sarahdessen is a master. I sobbed for an hour after finishing this thing. Also this one of those rare YA novels where the male love interest is not a jerk
- •Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here by Anna Breslaw*SPOILERS (kinda)* The reason why I love this book so much is because Scarlett starts out as the typical "I'm not like those skanky popular girls I'm ~nerdy~! XD" protagonist but then gets totally SCHOOLED on how pretentious and internally sexist she is and becomes best friends with the "queen bee" (who's revealed to actually be really nice) at the end