Sounds I Hear Through My Paper Thin Bedroom Window in East Hollywood
As I lay here browsing the many creative lists on this app thinking how will I ever come up with one... I hear a gunshot (maybe a single firework?) And here we are.
- •GunshotOnce in a blue moon, like tonight
- •Fire crackersOnly on special occasions like cinco de mayo or the 4th of July. Or a week before the 4th of July when you're scared shitless and realize they're just "testing" them for the actual holiday.
- •Mariachi music coming from the house next doorBright and early on Sunday mornings
- •Tropical birds chirpingFrom the parrots and canaries my neighbors have caged up outside. When I first moved in I thought, how nice, to wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside, thinking they were wild.
- •Lucy the Maltipoo's barkingPoor thing, are maltipoos supposed to be kept outside?
- •Car alarms
- •Search helicopters hoveringI tell my mom I live in a perfectly safe area. And I do!
- •Children playing with recordersI am never giving my children recorders. They will never know what these god forsaken annoying ass "instruments" are.