STOP THE PRESSES 🎅🏼🎄🎁
You guys!! My secret Santa gift came today and I am blown away, I do not even have the words for how perfect and thoughtful this package from @followdaround is. It's a mix of things from Pasadena, CA where she lives and what she thought I'd like. Thank you, Deanna! I feel like you know me better than I know myself.
- •The unboxing!
- •That's me!
- •Lovely note from a lovely person
- •Very attractively wrapped stack of presents!
- •Sea salt caramels from a local sweets shop--they're so good, guys
- •A collection of beautiful photos Deanna has taken around LA and which she printed for me!
- •Look at these, guys! They're amazing! These are going up on my walls post haste
- •V timely--a 2016 calendar of classic Pasadena shots
- •!!!!!!!!!! Y'all I don't think anyone's ever given me such a thoughtful and perfectly personalized gift like this. What a combination of two of my very favorite things--Edward Hopper and picture books. And one wonderful part is that I have heard of this book and been looking for it all year!!!
- •It's beautiful. It's just as good as I hoped it would be and such a worthy tribute to Hopper. It focuses so much on the loneliness and solitude he was so drawn to and which is so apparent in his work and which I have talked about at length here EDWARD HOPPER & LONELINESS, EDWARD HOPPER & SOLITUDE
- •My roommates were all here when I just opened this and they all yelled "Oh my god! That's the perfect gift for you!! How did she know???" And I was like "guys join the List App and you would know how cool these folks are, duh"
- •Thanks of course to @ChrisK for organizing this!!
- •And thank you, thank you, thank you @followdaround from the very bottom of my heart. These gifts are so wonderful and I'm just at a loss of how you knew exactly what to send. Thank you for giving such a perfect meld of parts of you and parts of me--you're the shit 🌞🌞