THINGS I COULD MAYBE AFFORD IF I DIDN'T WORK IN PUBLISHING
I'm a super lucky gal and I can afford everything I really need: rent, utilities, bills, groceries, bus pass. Still I feel most people like to fantasize about what they could buy if they didn't live paycheck to paycheck. I may not make much money but I have a wonderful job that I love so I am quite happy.
- •CableI just wanna be able to watch Jeopardy every night
- •Paying off my student loans soonerMy monthly payment is literally just the interest that has accrued since my last monthly payment and the amount I owe never goes down and it is a LOSING BATTLE
- •Cocktails/going out for drinks
- •A Vogue subscription
- •MeatI'm basically a vegetarian and it is NOT by choice. I've reluctantly embraced the chickpea.
- •Ace & Jig clothing
- •Regular haircuts
- •Airfare/train fare/bus fare to visit my far-off friends and famUgh
- •A nice purse so I can pretend I'm an adult
- •All the picture books I wantThis is the dream
- •A nicer apartment/living with fewer than 3 other people
- •New puzzles bc I keep buying or borrowing used ones and they're all missing pieces
- •Good set of kitchen knivesOh god I actually AM an adult
- •One of those movie passes that lets you go as many times in a month as you wantI should actually get this because going to see movies is one of the few treats I allow myself and I probably spend the price of the pass already. Except I don't think they take it at my favorite movie theater.
- •Seeing Hamilton
- •My next tattoo