My Kids Go to Public School 🍎✏️📚📓
I live in NYC, and send my kids to public school. This is a concept impossible for some people who do not have children in NYC public schools to understand. Here is a list of questions/statements I've heard.
- •Wow! Really? 😳If I was going to make shit up, this would not be it.
- •Is it safe? 💀I understand this from people who think Escape From New York was a documentary, but from parents who live down the hall from me?
- •Is there toilet paper in the bathroom?Judging by my kids underwear, yes there is toilet paper. 💩
- •Can they go to the bathroom themselves?As long as they raise their hand and ask politely. 👍
- •What are their friends like? 👬👫👭Is this code? Hell yes, you know it's code.
- •How many kids get free lunch? Do any of their friends get free lunch? 🍔This is not code. I don't care about anyone's finances besides my own. Poor is not contagious.
- •Wow, your kids seem so normal.😮😵🤐 wtf? No really, wtf?
- •That's wonderful for you, I wish I was so brave.It's school...not BASE jumping
- •Did they ever get lice? 🐜I guess lice can't afford private school?
- •I heard there are like 40 kids in KindergartenDon't believe like everything you hear...it was 47 until they lost one.
- •My friend said she had to buy paper towels for the classroom!When you can't charge $40,000 per student, something may have to give...Thanks to Costco I can spare a roll or 2. 🤑
- •We chose to sacrifice to make sure our kids have a good education. 😇You got me. I just don't care about my children.
- •What happens after elementary school? 🤔🎓Middle school, high school, college, a job...oh, and therapy. Because their parents sent them to public school.
- •Do they play sports?Our kids are on the same baseball team. ⚾️