Already on li.st? Open in app.
I spent the summer traveling and started [and developed] a standard playlist to listen to. These are my current favorite tracks from that playlist.
- •Be Alright - Ariana Grande
- •Don't Hurt Yourself - Beyoncé
- •Complexion - Kendrick Lamar
I just don't want to ruin my memory of a good thing.
- •How to get away with murderGod I loved this show so much but when Viola was sitting over her husband's body...I thought man how is it going to get better than this.
- •Game of ThronesI don't know why they decided to get through the books so quickly but now we're heavily reliant on the writers and show producers and it's terrifying.
And my screenshots are usually only of Instagram memes.
- •A little boy gets help from God with his math homework.
- •Because it's not necessarily true but definitely relevant to my inner child.
- •I still chuckle at this one.
Yep. What the title says.
- •I don't care about this.
- •How many selfies can you take with the dog/flower filters.
- •I still don't care about this.
And these were the interesting/strange/amazing things they did while they were here.
- 1.They brought an entire person with them.I knew her and she was cool with my family as a result of being related to another family member and I just referred to her as my aunt the whole time because she was cool as hell and fun to be around.
- 2.My father walked my dog every morning he was here.He supposedly wanted to get in some exercise and he used that time to case my subdivision. Every morning he came back to me with different information about my neighborhood…houses that were being sold, foreclosed, rabbits that lived there and then relayed that information to other family members.
- 3.They cooked Sunday dinner....and had me invite people over.
My celebrity girl squad (based on my current feelings).
- •RihannaBecause she's queen of being petty and having a lit ass time. Also 🇧🇧🇧🇧🇧🇧
- •BeyoncéEnough said...
- •SolangeBecause she's such a strong individual and beautiful person.
I put iTunes on Scramble and here are the first five songs that played.
- 1.The Roots - Ain’t Saying Nothing New (Album: Things Fall Apart)Anytime I hear this song, I think of the movie Brown Sugar with Taye Diggs and Sanaa Lathan (although the roots are from Philli and that movie is filmed in Brooklyn) & I love that I can hear Eve’s vocals on the hook/chorus. I also still haven’t taken time to figure out who the other rappers are on this song. "What’s the cure for this hip hop cancer?” = one of my fave lines on the song.
- 2.Rihanna - Work feat. Drake (Album: ANTI)Well… it’s catchy..and you can sort of grasp the meaning of the song & the video is so hot…RIhanna’s version that is.
- 3.Rihanna - Cockiness (Love It) [Remix] feat. A$AP RockyA$AP Rocky killed his verse, I think that's because of his culturally appropriate references: 1. "I go coocoo for your coucou."; 2. "Your flying fish is my favorite dish."
- •Went on a lunch date in midtown.
- •Went to a pool party that got washed out by some passing storm.
- •Had a great time meeting new people.
...and these are the highlights. Check out the video of my trip here: https://youtu.be/PevMk1CT8_4
- 1.I went to the West Coast for the first time in my 26 years of life.Yes, this was done before my 27th birthday.
- 2.I stayed in an apartment right by Venice Beach.Thanks AirBnb
- 3.I ran into the Pacific Ocean.
My initial thoughts
- •I didn't like him.This has been the most pressing thought in my mind recently. Over the past two weeks, when he needed to be on his Ps and Qs he let the ball slip and/or he missed the shot every time. I realized that after another fight that I really don't like this person.
- •I feel like a failure.I go back and forth with this one. It's a lot to explain to people who just saw us together but I'm sure people could sense it was coming. Even today, I know everyone could tell I was unhappy and one person thought we had broken up although I hadn't made my mind up about even doing it yet.
- •My standards weren't high enough.I'm not talking about materialistic things. I'm talking about emotional and mental things. He could never address his feelings or speak up about how what I said made him feel. Instead his responses were defensive and standoffish. Even bordering on aloof. I could tell he really only cared about looking like he was cool and how much money he would make and deep down that disgusted me.