Fave Lyrics from J. Cole’s 2014 Forest Hills Drive
These are my favorite lyrics from that album. Whether or not they have much lyrical significance is (of course) debatable but they hit home with me. Probably because the album was a blend of comical lines and consciousness.
- •Anybody is a killa all you gotta do is push them to the lims. (Fire Squad)Reminds me of Tupac’s lyric from Hail Mary, “I ain’t a killa but don’t push me.”
- •They robbin’ n****s on the daily. Can you blame a n**** that neva had things? Guess not. (Fire Squad)
- •“I’ve never been that high before. Very bad reason not to go. Terrible reason not to go.” (St. Tropez)
- •“Every day I thank the man upstairs that I ain’t you, and you ain’t me. Get off my d***!” (G.O.M.D.)Very inspirational…honestly.
- •“I want a real love, dark skin and Aunt Viv love; that Jada and Will love; that leave a toothbrush at ya crib love and you ain’t gotta wonder whether that’s your kid love.” (No Role Modelz)
- •BONUS: “There’s an old saying in Tennessee, I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says: fool me once, shame on…shame on you…fool me…can’t get fooled again.” – George W. Bush audio.