Top 10 Apps in #KJ7003
Sandrinette Maniania's list of great apps for mobile journalism
- •Google DriveFrom storing large audio files, to videos and photos, Google Drive provides its users with free storage space. What's more, the app allows its users to create interactive content using Google sheets, and Google slides. When using this app, it is easy to edit and share work in progress.
- •There is power in what one tweets. Journalists or the average citizen can in 140 characters (change in progress) describe an event that is of importance to the public and gain followers. This app is great for breaking the news/ urgency.
- •This social platform initially begun with a focus on still images. However the app also enables users to shoot a 60 sec video. Content can be recorded on Instagram or uploaded from a file or folder. This app is a fast way for journalists to share their stories in a visually interactive way.
- •Not only is Facebook useful for journalists to share stories, but it is also an app that can be well utilized to connect with the audience and promote public discourse. Furthermore, this social platform is also a good source of information that can help reporters build on a story.
- •iMovieThis video editing software is much easier to figure than a crossword. This user friendly app is good for editing tight sequences, and adding text on the screen. To begin a project click on the + sign, choose between a movie or a trailer, and you will be on your way.
- •SkypeUsing this app is an innovative way for journalists to communicate with parties that are not physically available. This can be a useful tool for eye witness news in war zones.
- •StellerThis is an easy to use app that can help journalists tell interactive stories using video and photos in the form of a booklet.
- •PicPlayPostThis app demonstrates how sound and visuals can be mixed in a box screen of several frames to tell a story. This is a prime example of the different ways reporters can engage their audience visually.
- •VideoliciousThis is a good video software that helps provide fast and efficient video sequencing for mobile journalists.
- •Camera PlusThis is a well-rounded photo app that helps journalists work on the clarity of a still image. It is simple to use.