MISPRONUNCIATIONS OF MY NAME + THE REAL PRONUNCIATION + URBAN DICTIONARY MEANING + REAL MEANING.
Accurately explaining my name to people on the phone is by far the greatest challenge I face as a journalist.
- •ZenaAs in ... Xena the warrior princess? 👸🏻 Sure, I'll take that.
- •ZivaHope this doesn't go viral because it sounds like a sister virus to Zika 😷
- •RevaLike that electric car I'll never own. 🙅🏻
- •ZeebaGreat name ... for an annoying insect maybe! 🕷
- •ZebraOK, I get it when people misspell it in text as Zebra, because most of them reply to say it was autocorrect. But this one time a guy called me Zebra on the phone and seemed intrigued by it too, and asked me how I had come to be named that. 😐🔫
- •SheebaI can't even ... 💆🏻
- •I'll admit, there are days when I'm just too tired to explain or spell it out, so I just let them call me Sheeba or whatever and go with it. 😓
- •But it gets real annoying if I have to call them back for further comments or something, because then I have to be like - "Hey, this is Zeba ... err ... I mean, Sheeba. We spoke last week?" That feeling... 🔥😑🔥
- •For the record, it's pronounced Zay (as in Ray from Ray Rice)-ba.
- •My mum named me after the late Pakistani actress Zeba Bakhtiar, who she was a big fan of.
- •Sadly, there is no wacky meaning for it on Urban Dictionary. It defines Zeba as beautiful, amazing to look at, eye candy, etc. 😎
- •The real meaning is slightly less awesome than that. Zeba is an Arabic and Persian word meaning "graceful" (which is exactly the opposite of what I am. Sorry, mom.🙄)