Thoughts I Had at my First Day at the Gym
I was a competitive swimmer for ten years. Once I stopped, I didn't do any real exercise for the next ten years. Here are some of my thoughts from going to the gym for the first time in ten years this morning...
- •I got here at 6:30am, how are people already done working out?
- •Why are there tootsie rolls at the counter?
- •And why does a gym have “Pizza Mondays”?And Bagel Tuesday's
- •Wow, I didn’t think I could run this fast on a treadmill!
- •Wow, why did I think I could keep up this pace on a treadmill?
- •How are people running this fast so early in the morning?
- •I wonder if anyone will notice that I started walking after only 10 minutes of running?
- •If I worked here I would do nothing but people watch.
- •These machines look very complicated.
- •I think I can handle a 30lb chest press.
- •I cannot handle a 30lb chest press.
- •Is 10lbs really the lowest it goes?
- •I knew I wasn’t “in-shape” but I didn’t think I would be this bad.
- •I never thought I would be this happy to say “I have to get ready for work.”
- •I didn’t work out my abs, but why are they hurting?
- •Existence is pain.
- •I cannot wait to come back tomorrow.