A Typical Day for Me
I work for a producer at a midsize production company in Beverly Hills. My day isn't always interesting, but I love what I do. If you're inspired, make a list of what YOUR day is like.
- •7:00 - my alarm goes off
- •7:30 - my other alarm goes off because I snooze two or 3 times and then turn it off.
- •7:35ish - morning pee then back in bed to browse the Internet
- •8:30 - hop in the shower. Contemplate life.
- •8:55 - brush teeth, get dressed, grab my bag and any food I want for the day and walk to work.My apartment is a 10 min walk to my office. Sorry not sorry.
- •9:05 - 5 minutes late to work. Logon to my computer, check voicemails that came in after I left.
- •9:10 - make oatmeal and tea
- •9:15 - 9:30 - read new emails, follow up on flagged emails from the day before.I'm all about inbox zero and I have folders for everything.
- •9:30 - 10:30 - read the trades, Facebook, buzzfeed, dilly dally, or finish reading I was supposed to read the night before.
- •10:30 - 11:00 - this is when my day really starts. Calls start coming in, emails pile up. If we're in production/post-production, little projects may come up.
- •11 - 12:30 - pretty much at my desk fielding calls, reading emails, browsing the web. Things start to slow down up until lunch.
- •1:00 - 2:00 - Lunch! Sometimes I have a lunch so I sneak out early, sometimes I take myself out to lunch, sometimes I grab something quick and work through lunch.
- •2:00 - 2:30 - back from lunch. See if any calls or emails came in.
- •2:30 - 4:00 - At my desk. If I have nothing to read, I'll look for things to read, articles, scripts, or maybe watch videos of up and coming filmmakers. Work on my own projects.
- •4:00 - 6:00 - the day starts to slow down. I'll update our slate of projects. Go through emails I've saved (folder for everything!) and see if there are any of note re: our projects. Light accounting duties occupy this time as well. Otherwise, more browsing/reading.
- •6:00 - 7:00 - my day is pretty much done. Figure out what I need to take home and what goes to the top of my to do list the next day.
- •7:00 - freedom!