INJURIES I HAVE GOTTEN PLAYING FIELD HOCKEY
From lamest to coolest
- •Pulled my hamstring stretchingAwful. It was the first night of a three day camp and I was out the whole time. Didn't even have a cool story.
- •Getting a nose bleed from bumping my googles on my nose when I took them offThis happened three times because I get nose bleeds so often. It's really annoying.
- •Hit in the knuckle with a ballStarted with stinging pain, went totally numb for an hour, then had shouting pain from my elbow to my fingertip for two weeks.
- •Ball to the lipThis happened while I was in the jv game, which makes it less cool. I was playing down because the team didn't have enough players. I wish I had a picture. My lip immediately swelled until I had a quarter sized lump. It was hard to talk for a few hours. This happened three days before school started, and the swelling went down before then but I still had a bruised, cut lip.
- •Hit in the chest with the ballKnocked the wind out of me and gave me a bruise but no big deal. This was freshman year and when I asked how long until I could go back in everyone knew I meant business.
- •Scraped in the thigh with a stickA girl jammed her stick into my leg and pulled it up, so I had a crazy bruise with a scrape on top. It looked sick as hell.