LET ME TELL YOU A GHOST STORY 👻
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •My grandma used to be the kind of person who went all out for Christmas.Lights, lawn figures, snow globes, a kick ass tree, all of it. She even put ribbon on all the windows to look like presents.
- •She's had some heart problems over the past six years, and a few years ago she finally decided she couldn't decorate as intensely anymore.
- •So she gave away her Christmas stuff.Of course, because she's a grandma and grandmas love Christmas, she bought all new decorations the next year, but I digress.
- •One of the things we got was a huge music box.By huge I mean on a music box scale, maybe a foot by a foot and a half and eight inches tall
- •This music box was decorated with a Christmas scene and played festive bell music whenever you walked in front of it.
- •It was really annoying.The music was loud.
- •By January I learned to tune it out. I barely noticed when it played.Out of necessity, because it was SO annoying. Also, I leave my Christmas stuff up really late. Don't judge.
- •An important thing to add to this story is I am always the last person to go to bed in my house.This is partially because I am an AP student and partially because I am a terrible procrastinator.
- •On the night of this particular incident I was staying up really really late, maybe 3 o'clock in the morning?
- •Of course, all of my family members were asleep. Both of my dogs were also sleeping upstairs.I was downstairs, awake and alone.
- •I was furiously typing an essay and not really paying attention to anything around me.
- •And then I realized that the music box and then playing. It had been playing for a while.
- •Which meant that whatever had set it off wasn't necessarily still in the other room, where the music box was.
- •And then, I swear to god, the room became ice cold.I'm talking a thirty degree drop.
- •I took off up the stairs hysterical crying.I'm surprised I didn't wake my family up.
- •This year when my mom took the Christmas stuff out, I threw it away.If there are any fucking ghosts in my house I'm okay not knowing about it.