ON FINDING OUT ABOUT ALAN RICKMAN'S DEATH
- •When I was eleven years old I read the Harry Potter books, but they didn't become as important to me as they are now until a year or two later.
- •I remember thinking, at 13, that someday (I thought when I was an adult) I would find out Alan Rickman died, and I would cry and cry.
- •I found out in math class and I gasped.
- •Understanding Snape's character was a big part of growing up for me.
- •Before his performance I never realized how possible it was to be not good and not bad.
- •And today it happened.
- •He was an incredible actor, and an incredible person.
- •Thank you, Alan Rickman. Always.
- •Rest in peace.