ON MUSIC FESTIVALS
I'm like two years old and this list is about to show it!
- •I was at Boston Calling on Friday! I've never been to a music festival before, or a concert where I've stood, and it was a tremendous experience.
- •I love music festivals, I have decided. I am aware that this is a very teenage thing and I am also aware that I am about five years or five decades late to come to this decision, depending on how you look at it.
- •I'm aware that they're not for everyone. And I didn't think they would be for me.
- •But I'm very much an ambivert and thus felt like very much an ambivert thing. Being surrounded by people, but really bring by yourself, even though I was with friends.
- •It felt good. It felt real. I felt like I was a part of something.
- •I like being around thousands of people who were laughing and crying and screaming and dancing. I loved it. I loved it.
- •And - this is embarrassing and I am an infant but whatever - I saw people smoking weed for the first time. Or at least, people I was next to and not just on the street. And of course, there were drunk people everywhere. It felt nice actually? It was weird that I was in this context with people who were doing these things. I felt grown up.
- •Like, it was the first time I was in a context where people were doing these things en masse. I felt like a real actual person who could make decisions.I have really strict parents and it's new that I can like, go places and do things.
- •The whole thing just felt liberating and full of energy and youth and life.
- •Anyway here's another picture of SufjanNO ONE'S ALLOWED TO MAKE FUN OF ME FOR THIS LIST