- •The first time I vote will be the one hundredth anniversary of women's suffrage.
- •That feels significant, somehow… 100 years leading to my political adulthood.
- •100 is not a big number. Less than a century, right now.
- •My great-grandmothers, Eva, Ethel, Nicki, Mary… that was their lifetimes.
- •Four generations.
- •My heart hurts for every smart woman who knew the limits of her influence, and for every woman who embraced those limits because it was all she knew.
- •I feel empowered as a girl, but I also feel enclosed.