THE TIME MINDY KALING STOLE MY SHARPIE
- •At the end of May I went to BookCon with my best friend MyaThat's us being cute and strange like usual.
- •The main reason we wanted to go was to see Mindy Kaling in conversation with BJ Novak.
- •We both love her and her book
- •So we waited in line for four hours to get really good seats
- •It was a grueling process and we were way too close to everyoneThis picture was taken in hour three
- •Finally, we got our wristbands, and it was almost time
- •They opened the doors and everyone started running. Like fucking sprinting. The line looped around so people started breaking the middle barrier. It was insane.
- •We got gr8 seats though.
- •We were this closeNot zoomed
- •It was amazing.Highlight: "You're the baddest of the good boys. You're like the kid smoking weed at space camp."
- •At the end, Mindy walked to the front of the stage and everyone ran up.You bet I was prepared for this. I whipped out my best sharpie and my copy of the book in one swift motion.
- •Everyone was holding up their books to be signed, but there was no pen in sight. Except my sharpie.
- •So took Mindy took my sharpie, signed my book first, signed a few more, waved, and walked off stage.
- •First thought: MINDY KALING JUST SIGNED MY COPY OF HER BOOKNICE
- •Second thought: MINDY KALING JUST WALKED OFF STAGE WITH MY BEST SHARPIE
- •This haunts me.
- •I think about that sharpie a lot.