TYPES OF SHARKS, RANKED
Sharks are my favorite animals. These are my favorite sharks.
- •Lemon sharksThe coolest thing about lemon sharks is the way they raise their children. The mothers return to the mangroves that they were born in and they have their kids there but then they have to go back into the ocean so that they don't get trapped when the tide gets low. They leave their babies behind. Then the shark pups grow up in the mangroves with lots of other shark pups. They teach each other how to hunt and grow up together until they are strong enough to go into the ocean.
- •Nurse sharksNurse sharks are super cute and they're known for the protective way they raise their children. But one of the coolest things about them is that when they sleep they gather in piles on the ocean floor of about 40 to 60 sharks.
- •Great whitesObviously. My favorite thing about great white sharks is there not supposed to breach but they just started fucking doing that and no one knows why.
- •HammerheadsThey just look cool I don't have a fun fact. Actually I think they can use echolocation which is super cool.
- •Whale sharksOkay I love whale sharks they're so protective and gentle. I like how they're docile enough that people can swim with them easily with no protection. I once watched this video where a woman was going scuba diving and there was a problem with her equipment and she started sinking rapidly and whale shark brought her to the surface and saved her.
- •MegamouthsMegamouth sharks are related to whale sharks except megamouths are really rare. Their name obviously comes from their huge mouth which can open into basically a pit. There have been very few sightings of them ever.
- •Cookiecutter sharksThese are one of those deep sea animals that we're finding out about right now. They live in the darkest parts of the ocean with all the scariest sea creatures. They're called cookiecutter sharks because of their round shaped jaw with jagged teeth. I mean, look at him. What's not to love?