MY DATE WITH DOMHNALL GLEESON
To be honest these are just dates I'd want to be a part of, but if a red-headed Irish heartthrob wanted to join me... I mean?? This list features robots, time travel, and other things I find sexy. Plus I knew how to say his name before anybody even if I didn't learn to spell it until last week #humblebrag.
- •Death of a Salesman on Broadway in 2011.This is a DEBBIE DOWNER of a place to start but, I missed my chance at seeing PSH in my of my favorite plays, and it will be one of the great regrets of my life. I didn't go because I didn't have anyone to go with, a stupid error I make frequently. So in my fantasy land I can go back in time and right this tragic wrong.
- •Arthur Ganson's Kinetic Sculptures at the MIT Museum.Given the scripts chosen by Domhnall, I think he would enjoy this art as much as I do. Profound, extremely funny, and always evocative machines with existential themes.
- •I hear he likes robots, so alternatively/additionally the Dream Machines of Theo Jansen at the Peabody Essex Museum.Also kinetic sculptures, except I missed my chance at seeing these and now they're in Chicago. I love robots, too.
- •Rent an amazing/expensive car and drive it around for a few days.I don't know anything about cars but I fully support my mental idea of dating someone who knows a thing or two about them. Or at least would be interested in doing this. Might involve going somewhere in the Great Plains as to drive really fast!
- •In keeping with driving fast, ❄️ SNOWMOBILING! ❄️How'd this picture get in here??
- •Wait for thunderstorm season and rent this Air Bnb treehouse. Lie next to each other and read books.And also bone. Duh. But reading first because I can't put down Rebecca right now.
- •Private salsa-making competition HIM vs ME.Self-explanatory. A little competition where I win is fun. Sorry, still thinking about boning.
- •Hike Garden Of The Gods (CO).This might just be something I want to do. Literally a hike anywhere would be the best date.
- •Cafe ArtScience and have them make synesthetic drinks that sound like our voices.Or just his voice really. I'm pretty sure the drink made to my voice's likeness would taste like hot shards of glass.
- •Mike Nelson's Psychic Vacuum.Actually this list could be called "my trip to the gallery with Domhnall," but this exhibit (2007) was a beautiful narrative about the forgotten and the abandoned. Reminds me of Black Mirror's episode Be Right Back.
- •Take me back to this moment in Paris.Sacre Coeur.
- •Beer at Mikkeller & Friends in Reykjavik.I didn't drink when I was in Iceland but when I go back!! ! !!!
- •Stare at each other's beautiful faces and crack sarcastic jokes and the like.Lol. Sorry, guys I know you came here for pictures so here you go.⚡️