STAR WARS THEMES, RANKED
I am seeing the Force Awakens tonight and one thing I cannot wait for is the new music!! Ok John Williams--Let's do this.
- •Theme of the Force (duh)If you don't get chills when Luke looks up at the binary sunset on Tatooine I just don't know if you are human.
- •Imperial March/Darth Vader's ThemeIt doesn't have the same poetic-ness as Williams' Jaws theme, but this is epic and chilling perfection... A perfect representation of evil in all its glory. It's also wonderfully revisited and reworked in Phantom Menace as Anakin's theme.
- •The Rebel FanfareThere's way too much to say about this invigorating motif/call to arms. It's kind of self-explanatory.
- •Luke's Theme - Title MelodyYou know, iconic and all that jazz--perfect punctuation to begin and end the film. In truth I never knew this was Luke's theme. When I found out it seemed odd--Luke never seemed to have the grandiosity that this theme definitely has. After a few listens it made perfect sense. It is both wonderfully heroic and pure.
- •Across the StarsHands down the only good thing to come out of Attack of the Clones. Williams creates a perfect melancholy melody, foreshadowing the star-crossed love of Anakin and Padme...it almost makes you care about them for a millisecond and believe that their love might be as pure as Lucas wants you to believe it is. Gross.
- •Yoda's ThemeFor me, John Williams makes me believe in magic and purity with this theme. FUN FACT: This theme is actually used briefly in E.T. for an adorable cross-over moment.
- •Han and Leia❤️❤️❤️
- •Rey's ThemeAdded this on 12/18/2015 😍😍😍😍
- •Duel of the FatesI've seen Phantom Menace less than 4 times in my life. I, like other fanatics, detest the prequels, and yet for me it's hard to imagine the entire Star Wars canon existing without this theme.