Things I miss about my son Jesse
My son Jesse committed suicide in November of 2005. I think about him every day and things I wish I could share with him.
- •Going to moviesI've always loved movies and would take him to see everything from an early age. I took him to see The Crying Game and Pulp Fiction when he was he was about 12 and he loved them. He would've loved the new Star Wars, Inglorious Basterds , Up and all the indie films that have come out in the last 10 years. And Tim Burton films. He really loved Tim Burton.
- •iPhonesI think he would've loved the whole idea of texting, apps and that they actually have video cameras in them.
- •Gluten free everythingHe was sick a lot the last few years of his life but they could never find anything wrong. It often seemed connected with eating. I think maybe he had a food allergy and it would be so much easier to deal with now.
- •TVBreaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Dexter, Silicon Valley , Veep, House of Cards.
- •TalkingI could talk to him more easily than anyone I have ever known . He totally got me. I think maybe he was more like me than my other children and that makes me sad because I think maybe that's where his depression came from.
- •BooksHe was so smart and his tastes so eclectic. He's one of the only people I know who actually read Stephen Hawking's book ,"the theory of everything ". But he also loved Harry Potter and the Narnia books. When I read "the Goldfinch", it made me think of him.
- •ComedyHe was really funny and appreciated good smart comedy. He would've loved Louis CK, Sarah Silverman, Zach Galifinakis, Trevor Noah, Amy Shumer. He loved David Sedaris and Sacha Baron Cohen. I can't believe he didn't get to see the movie "Borat".
- •The fact that I will never be able to just touch him again.Sometimes the fact of that makes me almost have a panic attack. Even now after 10 years.