Being an Introvert
I am an introvert and I am at peace with myself
- •I am not a hermitI like being alone and I value my time by myself. I would rather be at home than at a party
- •Social interactions can be scaryI need to practice a conversation with someone at least 10 times before I am ready to talk to them.
- •Parties are hardIt's very possible for me to go to the party but I will probably be attached to my 2 friends the entire time or finding a dog to pet
- •Exhaustion from interactionsParties and large crowds drain introverts energy unlike extroverts who receive their energy from parties and crowds. Therefore as an introvert, after an awesome night of partying I will be exhausted for probably 3 days.
- •Doing things by myself is OKAYI am comfortable with doing stuff on my own, you don't need to make me feel weird about it.
- •I'm not depressedI am not mad, sad, or shy. I just do not want to talk to anyone for a bit and that is fine.
- •Being outgoing is hardAs much as I would like to be the person that makes friends wherever they go, I'm the one that will sit in the back of the room and only be social if I have to
- •I love booksBooks are like living another persons life and escaping your own world. Books are my escape when I am overwhelmed.
- •I talk to myself... A lotI have more conversations in my mind than I do in real life. A lot of the times these conversations in my mind translate to my actually saying them out loud to myself.
- •I love peopleI really do like people but sometimes I really just don't have the energy to be social.