🎵 EDWARD SHARPE IS WEIRD AF
Some radio station was hosting a free Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes concert so obviously, being the music-lover and free loader that I am, I was THERE.
- •Things were off to a solid start when a random chick noticed me playing Pokemon Go and pointed out the location of a wild Arbok.I named it Taylor Swift.
- •I've consistently been an Edward Sharpe fan/have been boppin' to "Home" for a solid 5+ years now... but I had no clue just how off-the-wall this mofo is.And I mean that as a total compliment.
- •Besides the fact that he had a goddamn bee hive attached to his head (complete with colorful barrettes intended for schoolchildren), there were also some classic quotes:
- •"I'm just not gonna play 'Home.'" *crowd boos*
- •"We're all just really fucked up right now!"
- •*leaves to smoke in the middle of a song* "I'm going through a bit of a midlife crisis."
- •*bands starts playing song without him* "I'm not even really sure how this goes."
- •*looks around confused in the middle of the set* "....We've got a lot of time to kill."
- •When beach balls are tossed among the audience: "Isn't it crazy balls are like... filled with air?"
- •"Let's start taking some of those... what do you call it when you request songs... oh, a request!"
- •Never change, Edward Sharpe, never change.