❗️THE ORLANDO SHOOTING: WHAT YOU CAN DO
I'll be attending the Los Angeles vigil in downtown tonight and encourage everyone in the area to join. But if you can't make it and still want to show your support, here are additional ways to help.
- •1. Contact your elected representative about gun control with these simple steps: http://goo.gl/s8AaDU
- •2. Donate to the Go Fund Me page for the victims and families: www.gofundme.com/PulseVictimsFund Their initial goal was $100,000. It now stands at over 2 million. Let's make it 3 million.
- •3. If you reside within the Orlando area, locate a blood donation site nearest you: https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/742011881267814400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- •4. Reach out to your loved ones in the LGBTQ+ community, listen to them, vocalize clearly and wholeheartedly how much they matter. They need you now more than ever.
- •In fact, the entire community does. Click here to donate to your local LGBTQ+ center: http://www.lgbtcenters.org/Centers/find-a-center.aspx
- •5. And most of all, in everything you do, spread nothing but love and kindness. Always, always, always.
- •To quote Hamilton creator, Lin-Manuel Miranda, at last night's Tony Awards: "We live through times when hate and fear seem stronger, we rise and fall and light from dying embers, remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love -- cannot be killed or swept aside."
- •Because, make no mistake, love wins every time.