Introversion Isn't a Character Flaw, Guys
Things I'm so tired of people telling me on a regular basis.
- •"Why are you so shy?"I'm really not shy. Just don't feel the need to ramble on in crowded environments, thanks.
- •"Do you not like people?"I like people just fine when they're not asking me things like this!
- •"You don't talk to me a lot... Do you not like me or something?"Look, if I didn't like you, I'd tell you.
- •"You're so quiet."Okay.
- •"How do you make friends if you don't go out and talk to people?"I make friends just fine, actually. It takes a little longer, sure, but they're stronger friendships for it.
- •"You'll grow out of it. I did."No, I won't - and there's nothing I need to grow out of.
- •"You know, talking to people will help you break out of that shell."I like my shell and come out when I feel like it.
- •"You're too pretty to be so shy/quiet/serious all the time."Really? Just... Really?
- •"It's always the quiet ones."Always the quiet ones who what? We are no more crazy than extroverts, thanks.