Things I'm going to miss while living in residence (at university in another city)
"you need to live in res so you'll make friends!" -dad "who cares about friends? I don't need friends. I need a good night's sleep" -me
- •My Metric posters21 items of merch on my walls. I'm bringing 1 poster and VIP necklace thing. I need my life-sized picture of Emily Haines. How am I supposed to be without it?
- •The freedom of listening to whatever music I want whenever I want out loudAnd the ability to sing out loud really loud of course
- •My double bedHellloooo single lyfe
- •Showers aloneShared bathrooms. Perf.
- •Showers with music
- •Not worrying about what I say while sleepingSo much sleep talking. So many weird dreams. So many issues. So many people sharing my bedroom.
- •My dad helping (doing) my homework.
- •All my booksI barely even read but I'd like to have the option, and to look like the kind of smart girl who reads.
- •A closet AND a dresserI got lots of clothes y'all
- •Chilling in my room without pantsNo one wants clothes on always. Sometimes I want to go to sleep without pants. Sometimes (always) I don't want to worry about people (my roommate) seeing my pants-less body.
- •General privacyI don't like people, I have anxiety, I like to cry a lot. I like to laugh really hard at Parks and Rec and The Office and no one needs to see it. Or be bothered by it. Just leave me alone