I'm annoyingly evangelical about my newish bedtime rituals and how they have transformed my life.
- •ConsistencyHaving a strict bedtime is infantilizing but necessary (for me).
- •Screens offIronically (?), my screens off reminder is an alarm on my phone. I like to let my eyes and brain chilllll for at least an hour.
- •Quiet spaceAsserting my need for quiet alone time is a learned skill/work in progress type situation.
- •HeatSometimes I double down with tea and a hot water bottle. Being warm makes me sleepy. Is that science? Maybe.
- •ReadingKindle has changed the game on pre-sleep reading, y'all. Dim screen, all other lights off. Getting yawn-y just writing about it.
- •Bonus morning ritual: no caffeineI'm reintroducing green tea after a sixth month caffeine ban. I don't know if it's sustainable for me, but it was like a hard reboot to my circadian rhythms.
- •FYII didn't do *any* of these last night, and now I'm so sad! Can work end at lunch? Can I nap under my desk?