Wanna see me cry, y'all? 👇🏼= 😪 every time.
- •Bridge to Terabithia (book only)I've never lived anywhere without this book in case I need to spend an afternoon having a good cry.
- •ArmageddonI watched this during two separate and legit traumatic adolescent life moments. Now I have the most embarrassing Pavlovian response in the game. Like, even the Aerosmith song is too much for me.
- •Youth theaterI've wept through every youth theater production I've seen for the past decade. This includes an oddly chosen, predominantly white, summer camp staging of Once on This Island featuring a young-as-Hell Tavi Gevinson and an hours-long teen slam poetry national championship. Both were lovely. Why was I crying? The vulnerable beauty of young artists, that's why.
- •Lots of SufjanMy sleeper hit for Sufjan-tears is his cover of "You Are the Blood." I wouldn't call it sad-sad, but I feel it too hard for my body to hold.
- •Little Women (film)My middle school bestie called a moratorium on my obsessive re-watching when I started crying for the entire movie, regardless of what was happening on screen (e.g. wailing "Beth would've loved Meg's babies!").