HOW TO MAKE STRANGERS KISS YOU AT PARTIES 📁
This was one of the first lists I tried to draft. I no longer consider this one of my areas of expertise, but here's what I learned in my early twenties. It's just remarkably easy to make strangers to kiss you at parties. Happy Friday, little Listers. 😘
- •AlcoholI'm truly sorry, but if it's in your toolkit, this is an incredibly powerful first step. It makes people nice to each other until it makes them mean.
- •Scan and circleAt most parties, there is *someone* you can kiss. If you're really on a mission, scan and eliminate until you've chosen your very special stranger. Then, watch them like a bird of prey eyeing a little forest rodent so you know the moment they get in line for the bathroom/make a drink/start dancing/talk to someone you know. Be there.
- •The hookFor me, I think of this step as "Be charming" but that's not everyone's jam. Whatever you've got, bring it out now. Be funny or hot or have a cool accent or whatever. Maybe have cool boobs?
- •Invade personal spaceMoment of truth: if you stand uncomfortably close to this person--get inside their bubble--do they step back or WHAT? (Step back = slow your roll. Dudes esp plz take note cause body language is a real language and you have to listen to it.)
- •Contact (quick)Welcome to step five! Time to make some quick & casual physical contact. You're so flirty! You're so fun!
- •Contact (sustained)Keep at it, babe! Wherever your hand landed, just leave it. Also, continuing leaning in like a personal space invader.
- •Dumb conversationA nice thing about most humans is they won't interrupt you while you talk about your hopes and dreams and childhood traumas. If you want to make a stranger kiss you at a party, you have to start saying stupid stuff that no one cares about. But like, still say it cute.