MLB DRAFT HIGHLIGHTS: THE BEST PARTS OF THE WORST TELEVISION
Historically, the MLB draft has been conducted via conference call (!) and no one cared about it at all. Now they're reaching for 🏀🏈 style interest by broadcasting the first two rounds. I'm admitting I watched a bunch with my roommate this year. I was just too exhausted to get off the couch and go to bed, because Mondays are HARD.
- •This kid's outfitHis name is Ashe Russell. He's a high school senior from Indiana, and this is what he chose to wear to appear on TV.
- •The kid who recited his usual Chipotle orderThey did little interview "Spotlights" on a few picks and asked the weirdest human interest questions. One boy ended up talking about going to Chipotle with his friends. His order includes EXTRA RICE because he's a growing boy!!! How charming.
- •DynastiesSo many sons of ex-pros. What a strange family business! I would read a book about this phenomenon for sure.
- •Johnny DamonSignificant childhood crush seen here with Ashe Russell. They both look AMAZING.
- •James Kaprielian's Lovably Garbage Freestyling
- •Watching Harold Reynolds pretend to know anyone after pick 10
- •Someone actually getting compared to Ted Williams LOL