MUSIC MY MOM AND I AGREED ON IN HIGH SCHOOL
She is a saint and drove me to school for too many years. We spent a lot of time listening to things together.
- •Carole King "Tapestry"Obvious. And lemme say Carole sings the phrase "tumbling down" with more expression and range than I have used ever.
- •Wilco "Summerteeth"In heavy rotation until we both realized "She's a Jar" made us too sad.
- •Joni Mitchell "Blue""Case of You" inspired great ex boyfriend stories e.g. He was charismatic! But lacked direction! Then moved to France! And became a mime!
- •Bonnie Raitt "Luck of the Draw"I CANT MAAAAAKE YOU LOVE ME IF YOU DOOOOOON'T
- •Piebald "If It Weren't For Venetian Blinds It Would Be Curtains For Us All"This is what growing up outside Boston sounds like.
- •Rainer Maria "A Better Version of Me"There's a 50% chance she actually hated this one and was just being nice.
- •Mirah "You Think It's Like This But Really It's Like This"Realizing this one might also be an example of my mom being nice.