NICE THINGS ARE NICE
"Nice things are nice" is what I say (out loud and not) in defense of the myriad smallish luxuries I don't want to feel bad about but maybe kinda should and maybe kinda shouldn't.
- •Taxi cabsIn exchange for significantly more money, you can get from point A to point B without the looming threat of "Showtime."
- •Not eating seasonallyYes, of course, there is frugality and this tender planet. And yet: raspberries in November.
- •Laundry serviceUntil I return to the promised land of in-building laundry, this is it for me.
- •Lace anythingFeeling like a Medici princess is very satisfying once in a while. The fact that I prove incapable of caring for lovely clothes must, in pursuit of joy, be strategically denied.
- •Fancy ice creamLet's get complicated. Let's stretch the boundaries of dessert and good taste and my probable lactose intolerance.
- •Beach housesThis is obvious.
- •Le Pen or similarWhy oh why would I take the meditative and healing and generative act of hand writing and ruin it with some dummy rollerball I stole from a doctor's office?!
- •Professional bang trimsIt has taken me over a decade to admit I'm not *that* good at this task. Paying for in between trims makes me prettier. This is a fact and I might as well deal, because I like feeling pretty.