SUMMER CAMPS WE WENT TO
@MarthaQ and I really played the field when it came to summer camp. Some were more interesting than others.
- •Camp Wyman5th grade overnight trip with our elementary school. Everyone went. Everyone got ticks. Missouri is a little feral sometimes.
- •Camp LakewoodYMCA overnight camp. I got one of the worst sunburns of my life (do not trust tan camp counselors a with your absurdly pale child) and my cabin counselors wouldn't let me nap shirtless.
- •Zoo CampDay camp at the St. Louis Zoo. There was an overnight on the last day. We woke up early to catch nocturnal creatures bopping around.
- •Circus CampYear One: tumbling and a low tight rope at the performing arts space where we took dance class.
- •Combination Circus Camp + Frontier Life CampThe next year circus camp got way weirder. We spent half the day in a circus tent and half the day on a meticulously maintained historical homestead. I rode and elephant and made lye soap. I practiced trapeze with a sweet Russian man named Sasha and learned to write with a quill pen. I practiced juggling scarves and churned butter.
- •Super Camp@MarthaQ only. Nerd camp? Not totally sure what happened there.
- •Backpacking trips (various)Rachel only. Very rustic and deceptively bougie, cause these trips are $$$. Paying a ton of cash to send their kid off to get dirty in the woods is a particularly New England-ish choice made by my parents.