Grabbing a quick bite on the UES, I witnessed the delicate doyenne of Le Pain Quotidien and thought, "Yah, ok, I can get with this."
- •She walks with a cane and sits slowly.
- •Waiters who aren't working in her section stop at her table to tell jokes
- •She's brought a section of a paper--maybe the Washington Post? It's printed out from their website. I have many questions about this choice.
- •Her hair is white-blond and curled at the ends.
- •She's wearing a mini backpack.
- •Her nails are a deep gray, and so are the smoky gems dangling from her ears.
- •Her order: soft boiled eggs, hummus, iced tea.