THE WOMEN IN MY WEAVING CLASS
I learned to use a floor loom this weekend! I also learned a tiny bit about the other ladies in Weaving 101. Here's who showed up.
- 1.The middle aged woman who made one significant mistake at every step in the process, but had a great positive energy and commitment to making something to be proud of.
- 2.The young women who used to work in social enterprise with indigenous Peruvian weavers.
- 3.The young woman who used to study and write about social enterprise and learned techniques from indigenous Peruvian weavers. She and Lady #2 had never met before this class, but knew a bunch of the same people in Peru.
- 4.The other 6th grade English teacher. (Alternate reality me?)
- 5.The middle aged woman with the best royal blue jumpsuit and royal blue jacket. Dreamy vibes and matchy-matchy fits.
- 6.The woman who had a rescue dog and took lots of (gram-able?) pictures. She just seemed real nice. PS she also had one of those perfectly soft J'aime Rodarte sweatshirts.