THINGS ABOUT WHICH I FANGIRL
These are a few of my favorite things.
- •TNGCause I was raised right.
- •My So-Called LifeIn high school, my near and dear Sam and I decided we would celebrate our hypothetical-future-daughters' first periods by gifting them the MSCL box set, and I stand by that choice.
- •The song "Autumn Sweater" by Yo La TengoYo La Tengo in general, sure, but this one really kills me and every time I hear it I commit myself to spending the rest of my life with whoever is in charge of the stereo.
- •Rainbow RowellShe wrote a book called Fangirl, so it's sort of a Möbius strip of love and fandom.
- •Sufjan StevensThis is now well documented on ListApp and in real life and @tothemaxxx knows it.
- •Goodness gracious, @sarahdessen is on ListApp nowWhenever I re-read "Someone Like You," I feel my gosh darn feelings and I am transported to my 8th grade school library.
- •Elephant 6 CollectiveIt started with "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" and ended NEVER.
- •Manual CinemaMy #1 favorite Chicago-based shadow puppet company. I saw them again last night and I'm still brimming with joy.