MY FIVE MINUTES OF FAME 😎
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •The Today Show came to my hometown of Salem, MA for Halloween in the early 2000'sBecause of the Witch Trials, Salem has become the Halloween capital of the world. Every Halloween a bunch of weirdos gather here and just walk around in costumes.
- •They asked our elementary school to have all the kids dress up in costume and appear on the show with Al Roker
- •For Halloween that year I was a generic scary skull guy
- •They chose me as one of the kids to stand next to Al Roker, who wore a Jimmy Neutron costume.Right before we went live on national TV, who I assumed to a the producer gave us EXPLICIT instructions to not stare at our picture on the monitor that was slightly to the left of us.
- •Right before we went live on national TV, who I assumed to a the producer gave us EXPLICIT instructions to not stare at our picture on the monitor.For whatever reason, the monitor was placed in front and slightly to the left of us.
- •Lo and behold, when we went live, I stared at myself the WHOLE time.I honestly couldn't believe I was on national TV!
- •After the 45 second segment, the producer walked up to me, held me by mask and shouted "kid, you're killing me!"
- •I haven't been on live TV since.Nor have I been that close to Al Roker.