THINGS I DO WHILE STRESSED
I am navigating the purchase of a house and I have a variety of terrible coping mechanisms that kick in at times like these
- 1.Not SleepPhase I of my three-phase sleep-spiral is pretty simple: I lay awake all night long, going over unfocused and looping to-do lists.
- 2.Have Hundreds Of DreamsIf/when I do finally go under, my dreams are unrelentingly long and complicated and usually based around emotionally managing a series of people. Last night I was trying to persuade my best friend Annie Clark to keep her bar open and not leave town, and her self-worth was somehow tied to an art show being held by my friend Christina.
- 3.SleepwalkThis one hasn't happened in a while, but tends to come after bouts of intense dreaming. Every time I do it, it gets a little worse; one of these days, I'm going to make it to the front door.
- 4.Lose The Ability To FocusCompletely. For instance, I just sat here for a good two minutes trying to remember what point #4 was going to be.
- 5.Have Horrible Daydreams About My Own Violent DeathI just spent a few minutes trying to shake off the feeling that someone is going to stab me in the neck today. I should stop watching The Walking Dead. Mostly because that show is lazy garbage.
- 6.Avoid Basic Comforts While Thinking About Them ConstantlyI have been meaning to eat and/or get coffee for an hour now. Probably won't for another hour or two. I have been meaning to re-tie my boots (they're too loose) since 7:30am. Also I have earbuds in, but nothing has been playing through them for at least 45 minutes.