Totally Sober Puke Stories
Disclaimer: I have high sensitivity to motion sickness/jarring movies
- •That time at the EdgeAte French toast with friends at like 11pm at the edge (diner in lakeview that no longer exists, rip) The check came and I felt like I was going to barf so I went outside and barfed all over Clark st and my new ll bean rain boots. Ian tried to come to the rescue but only ended up with a little barf on his shoes too.
- •While watching Avatar in 3D front rowSenior year of high school with a boy from my film class. Nauseating combination.
- •After watching WhiplashAlso close up to the screen. Was two blocks from home and had to get out of the car to puke on the street. Naturally a cop pulls up behind me and immediately accuses me of being a drunk asshole. I tell him I have motion sickness and he suggests I get a margarita to take the edge off.
- •In first grade in the middle of music classIt was a movie day and the teacher told us not to talk so I didn't tell her I felt sick and ended up barfing all over the risers.
- •On the metro after flying into Paris (8 y/o)When my parents realized my motion sickness is not immune to air travel.