5 OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN KENTUCKY
@svandorn, this is for you.
- 1.Bourbon TrailI mean, this is both the obvious #1 and the deserved #1. Distillery tours in KY are second to none.
- 2.Craft BreweriesThe craft beer scene in Lexington is only continuing to improve.
- 3.Red River GorgeIncredibly beautiful geological area in the Appalachian foothills (and Daniel Boone National Forest) an hour east of Lexington with scenic views, awesome climbing and hiking, and the best pizza place in eastern KY.
- 4.Kentucky TheaterThis is a movie theater in downtown Lexington that opened almost 100 years ago and plays art-house and limited-release films. The main screening room is incredible, but my favorite is a smaller screen on the side that's painted to look like a chalet in the mountains.
- 5.KeenelandIt's only open two months a year, but you can't spend April or October in Lexington without taking in some horse races. Just be prepared to feel mildly agoraphobic: There are only bigger crowds in town for UK basketball games.