Concerts in 2016
Shows that I have attended or will be attending this year. The list should be growing soon...
- •Nathaniel Raetliff & the Night Sweats at the Winspear Centre on January 18This was a solid show. Pretty much covering the entire first album plus a few covers/unreleased songs.
- •Rihanna at Rexall on April 20I've seen her open on Kanye West's Glow in the Dark tour and she was not memorable but her last few singles have just been too good to not give her another chance live.
- •The Kills at the Commodore Ballroom on May 31I got to see an abbreviated set at Osheaga 2015 due to audio problems. I can't wait to see a full set. I fucking love Alison Mosshart.
- •City and Colour with Shakey Graves at Rexall on June 10Two of my favorite albums from 2015. Can't wait to see City and Colour again and Shakey Graves for the first time missing him at Interstellar Rodeo last summer.
- •Edmonton Folk Music Festival at Gallagher Park from August 4-7We go almost every year. This year's line was pretty wicked: the Barr Brothers, Bobby Bazini, Kaleo, Lisa Hannigan and Aaron Dressner, Jason Isbell, Passenger, the Staves, Tallest Man on Earth, KaiL Baxley, Sarah Harmer, Willy Mason, Lera Lynn, Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop, the Pines, Calexico, LP, the Head and the Heart and Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats.
- •Sturgill Simpson at Union Hall on August 14Dude played almost every song on his last two albums as well as a bunch from his first... So fucking good!