OTHER WORKS I REFERENCED IN MY ESSAY
It was about Adrienne Rich's The Dream of a Common Language and Lyn Hejinian's My Life. I don't know if referencing these other things made the essay better or worse, but they happened so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself""I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world."
- •Cheryl Strayed's "Wild"Just the fact that she read the last stanza of "Power"
- •William Ernest Henley's "Invictus""I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul"
- •Bikini Kill's "Bloody Ice Cream"The whole song, but mainly for "We are turning cursive letters into knives"
- •Greek mythologyJust because I said "siren song" approximately 50 times