PODCAST EPISODES I LISTENED TO ON MY THANKSGIVING PILGRIMAGE | PART ONE
This covers all the things I listened to on my way upstate. I literally planned this all day, I have been stoked to go in on my listening. Not in chronological or ranking order bc that's too much work.
- •Shot #5: Space Turkey | Another Round (13:04)Tracy shared her beautiful, touching, thoughtful, compassionate and forgiving essay "On Thanksgiving, Caring For Those Who Cared For Us." Honestly, it was so heartfelt, Tracy is so talented. Also featuring her hilarious/terrible turkey jokes. Heben's reactions were almost better than the jokes themselves. 👍🏻
- •40 Sarah: Everyone Knows I Love You | The Mortified Podcast (24:10)Sometimes it feels weird listening to Mortified episodes because I'm still so young and I still feel close to those feelings of teenage desperation, but Sarah's story made me laugh and feel completely at home. One of the things I love about Mortified is that the authors are always honest and poke fun at themselves, but also see how those experiences shaped them. This was a good time and I laughed a lot while waiting for the bus.
- •Lily Berman & Jeffrey Rudell: Thanksgiving Stories | The Moth Podcast (14:57)I love hearing small details about people's lives, like Lily's various names for her grandmother. This episode excels at allowing the listener to be a part of the speaker's family for a short period of time--which I love. Good stuff.
- •Hollywood's STEAM Women | Stuff Mom Never Told You (52:59)I finished off the last half hour or so of this episode and I thought C&C did a fantastic job illuminating why issues that affect women are actually issues that can also be relevant to everyone. An interesting peek into the VFX world.
- •10: Thanksgiving | Hidden Brain (20:00)This is only the second episode of Hidden Brain I've listened to and I don't know if I'm sold on it completely just yet. The research presented in this episode seemed weaker than the other one I listened to, but that doesn't mean it's a bad show. I'm going to have to keep listening to form a real opinion.
- •30: Thanksgiving Stress, Annoying Cats, + TV vs movies | Coffee With Chrachel (1:16:58)Not gonna lie, I slept through most of this episode. I got woken up by their laughing at one point, but I thoroughly enjoy them, so I'll probs go back and relisten to this at a later date.
- •188- Fountain Drinks | 99% Invisible (34:38)Such a cool episode about the history of public water fountains. I love that 99PI's whole mission is to pay tribute to and appreciate the things we take for granted and don't even pay attention to. Also loved the added Song Exploder excerpt of Water Fountain by TuNe-YaRdS
- •#629 - Gratitude 2015 | Snap Judgement (51:34)I thoroughly enjoyed every story told in this episode. I love how highly produced this show is, because it's not overdone, it's dramatic and adds to the story and it's fantastic. Stephanie Foo produced one of the stories and EVERY time I hear something she's done I get AMPED and just want to make shirts that say "STEPHANIE FOO IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH" A+ episode, Snap.
- •Total time listened: 4 hours 6 minutes 52 seconds