REASONS WHY I LOVE CATIE
For balance. Love ya @catdrake10 😎
- •She's so goddamn funnyYou know how sometimes people start laughing and their laughing makes you laugh and then you both fall into a nonstop laughing fit? That's what happens when I'm with her. Also she makes normal stuff funny (never forget #sixpacksteve)
- •She's so undoubtedly herselfIt's not every day that you meet a granola hippie wild child who is also Reagan's #1 fan and is def joining the Marines. She is who she is and she embraces it.
- •She's so honest and bluntI am a dreamer and imagination fiend, and she keeps me humble. I think it's good to have people who have their heads on straight in your life. Sometimes ya need a reality check.
- •She actually reads the books I recommendWho knew that telling her she might really like a book about a woman who tries to keep her family together and goes hiking to figure her life out would basically make our friendship strong. TY, Cheryl Strayed ❤️
- •She pushes meLike both physically and metaphorically. Definitely a good personal trainer, and a 💯 person to go on a hike with. But she also makes me work harder in school, even if she doesn't realize it.
- •Her music tasteCatie has infinitely better music taste than I do and I love it. Also: she has mad skills when doing the instrumental opening of Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along The Watchtower 👌🏻
- •She lets me be meIdk is this a weird reason to love someone? I've definitely had friends that wanted to change me or didn't really like me, but even though she makes jokes and pokes fun at me, I know that at the end of the day she accepts me for who I am.
- •Her work ethicI have never met anyone with such intrinsic motivation. It's like, how do you have such high expectations for yourself and then actually follow through with it?! Girl's got some serious super powers.
- •Her laughI really don't even know how to describe it, but it fills me with joy. If I were capable of bottling laughter to preserve forever to cheer me up on bad days, hers would definitely be on my top shelf.
- •She knows so much real life stuff and historyI feel like my realm of knowledge is in more of the English/random facts/theory side of the spectrum, and that's fine, but Catie knows real life skills like chopping wood and has read the 9/11 Commission Report. She is definitely a person I want on my zombie apocalypse team, even though I know she'd get tired of dealing with my bullshit and probably sacrifice me to the zombies by the end of the first day.