DETROIT HUSTLES HARDER
It's memorial day weekend, and I'm not in Detroit. It's heartbreaking, so here are the things I'm missing. I have a live stream from the main stage blasting as I write this.
- •DEMFThe reason for the season. This festival is a yearly pilgrimage for all Techno heads. Movement, as its known now, is reknown for its headliner and Detroit powerhouse packed lineup. I have only missed a handful in the past16 years. This year is one. *cries*
- •Front right speakerMy go-to spot at the Main Stage and the Underground stage. I need to feel the bass shake my entire being.
- •The breeze off Detroit RiverAfter hours of shaking my ass in the swampy Underground, it's nice to move to the Red Bull or Beatport stages to feel air again.
- •Getting lost in the Renaissance CenterMy home away from home, the Marriott. The RenCen is a concrete maze that I still haven't figured out. Or maybe it's the psychedelics.
- •Mornings spent at greasy diners, late nights in GreektownThe Clique. The Pegasus. Old stand bys.
- •The AfterpartiesNo Way Back, Club Toilet, Industry Brunch, The Works, The Old Miami, Soul Skate. There is no sleep DEMF weekend.
- •Urban ExploringSo much to see in Detroit in between all the dancing. Amazing graffiti, beautiful decay.
- •Rave FamilyThere is nothing better than dancing with people you haven't seen since the mid 90s.