Top 10 Personal Irrational Fears
I know they aren't scary.
- 1.Topping the list is WORMSI know they have an important job to do, but I'm always so happy when birds swoop in after I turn my compost heap
- 2.SlugsLike worms, but bigger, and with eyes. Once I was working in my garden and put my hand down and smashed a slug and I threw up instantly.
- 3.MouthsBecause eww. Mostly due to saliva. I will break up with a person if they kiss with too much tongue or, god, saliva.
- 4.EmotionsI think this is a projection of weakness, and have been working very hard to change that mentality.
- 5.LeachesDid you know they are still used in medical settings? I didn't, I thought we were past that, but no.
- 6.Telephone callsHave always been hard for me, and I'm so glad texting is a thing.
- 7.EscalatorsI am 100% convinced I will get sucked into one. I still use them, but I jump to exit.
- 8.Being wrong about god and going to HellThis is usually just a concern when I'm too high to function. Thanks Methodist/Catholic upbringing.
- 9.Getting a limb ripped off on some jacked up fair rideBut I still ride them, just super aware of my limbs.
- 10.FailureAny type. I get really frustrated if I'm not instantly good at something, or if I don't meet my own arbitrary level of success.