FACTS ABOUT KAZAKHSTAN
- •Kazakhstan is the 9th largest country in the world and the largest country that doesn’t have access to the ocean
- •Astana – the name of the capital of Kazakhstan – means “capital city”.
- •Kazakh means “wanderer” or “independent.”
- •Kazakhstan is home to about 120 ethnic groups and nationalities
- •Russian word for money (“dengi”) comes from the Turkic word “tenge” – the name of current currency of Kazakhstan
- •The first artificial satellite (Sputnik 1) and the first man (Yuri Gagarin) were sent into space from Baikonur cosmodrome located in Kazakhstan
- •Horses were first domesticated on the territory of the present Kazakhstan