Reasons I'll miss University of Texas
I grew up in California all my life and then moved to Austin, TX for college. I've had the time of my life here. Longhorns & Texas forever~
- •The first taste of freedom as an adult
- •How bizarre and wonderful and amazing the love for football is.
- •Views from the corner of where I spent two years studying film and television
- •The people who live up to the southern hospitality stereotype
- •The Union for always supporting me during my lack of motivation to study at 1 A.M.
- •The city of Austin in general (especially the sunsets here)
- •My apartment that I've called home during my time here (and my roommates)
- •The students and professors that have taught me more than this list can say
- •Film school shenanigans
- •Exploring downtown/6th street on the weekend
- •All the free things and discounts I got with my student ID
- •Guest speakers and festivals that remind me I had an amazing opportunity and that I can succeeded as a writer in the film/tv industry
- •The walks to school (and the crazy, crowded buses)
- •And above all the spirit of UT for giving me the tools and possibility for me to become the best me possible, and for letting me realize I am awesome and that it's okay to love myself during the crazy times of becoming an adult.