THE MOST IMPORTANT LIST OF MY LIFE SO FAR
We've started IVF, and it's better than being terrified about infertility but not by much. This is the new nightly routine.
- •Wash hands
- •Clean tops of vials with alcohol pads
- •Inject pre-filled needle into Gonal-f. Swirl and set aside.
- •Take smaller needle and withdraw 300 of the Gonal-f. Put the rest in the fridge.
- •Inject Gonal-f into the Menopur. Swirl. Cap and toss needle.
- •Take big needle and take 1/2 cc of air in. Inject that into the sodium chloride. Leave needle in vial, turn upside down, and pull out 1/2 a cc of fluid.
- •Inject that fluid into the Menopur. Leave needle in, turn upside down, and pull the plunger to remove all the fluid. Remove needle from vial and recap.
- •Remove big needle and replace with insulin needle head. Recap needle.
- •Before injection, clean injection site with alcohol pad. Thump site to numb.
- •Uncap needle, push plunger to release a single drop.
- •Inject fluid mixture into this lady.
- •Cover site with cotton or tissue.
- •Fetch post-shot treats and shower praise.